SWIM INSTRUCTOR (PART TIME)
CRYSTAL LAKE AND LOVES PARK
Want a job that feels more like fun? DSC is always on the lookout for personable instructors who love being in the water and interacting with children. A background in swimming is not necessary. Applicants must nevertheless be able to tread water comfortably, as the interview process includes an in-water component. All new instructors are required to complete a minimum of 40 hours of PAID training. Opportunity for advancement, as well as flexible hours!
Certificates, Licenses and Registration Requirements can be acquired post job acceptance.
- Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid
Instructor Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach children of diverse backgrounds, levels, and ages to swim in accordance with DSC’s curriculum.
- Evaluate student performance against the company’s nine-level skill system.
- Enforce all pool safety regulations while inspiring students to build their water safety skills and self-confidence.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with parents, keeping them abreast of their children’s progress.
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements:
Familiarity with all competitive strokes (Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke, and Butterfly) is required. A patient and flexible attitude coupled with a deep appreciation of cultural difference is a must. Other requisites include excellent interpersonal skills, customer service, team building, and time management skills. The ideal candidate will also have experience working with children and/or proven knowledge of child development.
We encourage anyone interested in learning more about how they can be a leading part of a child focused, fun learning environment to send resume’ and questions to Zeke Evens Aquatics Director at Zeke@dolphinswimclub.com